Surfer’s Environmental Alliance had an excellent 2017 thanks to support from our amazing donors, sponsors, partners, and team of volunteers.
SEA’s 2017 key accomplishments include:
- $120,000 distributed to our beneficiaries. Autism charities and others.
- Raising over $281,321 through the 2017 SEAPaddleNYC
- Sponsoring the first SEA Long Branch Surf Contest in which winners also were philanthropists, choosing a SEA beneficiary to receive a $500 donation
- Awarding $21,000 in scholarships
- Planting over 15,00 culms of beach grass
- Helping bring the “Please leave only your footprints” campaign to more coastal towns
- Continuing our sponsorship of the Cold War surf contest in NJ
- Delivering over $2,500 in gift cards to those affected by the hurricanes in Key West, FL
- Hosting Kai Lenny’s Paradigm Lost to raise over $2,500 for PR hurricane relief
- Delivering 130 solar lanterns to Aguadilla (100 more expected to be sent)
- Granting an additional $2,500 for water filters
Help us end the year on a high-note with a meaningful impact to those still affected by the hurricanes that devastated Puerto Rico. SEA will match your donation, dollar for dollar, up to $10,000 in total through Dec 31, 2018 to help those in PR without potable water and power. Go to http://seapaddlenyc.org/donate/